Amazing Health Benefits of Eating Chicken
According to a survey from the National Chicken Council, during the pandemic, more American families rely on chicken as a healthy and convenient source of protein.
The choice to eat more chicken is one we full-heartedly support. Because, as it turns out, chicken has many health benefits, including helping you achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
Why You Should Eat Chicken
Why You Should Eat Chicken
Chicken is a lean protein with high nutritional value. Here are some ways eating it frequently can help you stay healthy.
It Will Help Keep Your Muscles Healthy
Protein is the building block of muscle tissue. Since chicken is a fantastic source of high-quality proteins, eating it at least once or twice a week will help your muscles stay strong.
Rich in Vitamins and Minerals
Chicken is a good source of vitamins and minerals such as:
Vitamin B – Vitamin B supports your nervous system, strengthens the immune system, and increases your energy levels throughout the day.
Vitamin A – This vitamin helps protect eyesight and healthy skin
Vitamin D – The sunshine vitamin is essential to healthy bones
Phosphorus – For strong teeth and a healthy brain
Iron – Essential to help deliver oxygen to your organs
Selenium – Supports your cell’s defense mechanism against illnesses, including cancer
It Helps You Lose Weight
When you eat high-quality proteins, you feel fuller for longer. Therefore, it can help eliminate cravings and help you control the number of calories you consume.
If you eat less because you feel full, you will soon see positive changes on the scale.
Healthy Chicken Recipes
If you are looking for delicious and healthy ways to add more chicken to your diet, you are in luck because we have a few mouthwatering recipes to share!
Easy Low- Carb Chicken Parmesan
(Recipe source – Café Delites)
Prep & Cook Time: 30 min
4 5-ounce boneless & skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper, to season
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 roasted bell pepper, chopped
1-15- ounce can crushed tomatoes, or tomato puree (Passata)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes – optional
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Set the oven to Broil and preheat
- Season the chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in an oven-safe pan or skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts and cook on both sides until browned and cooked through (about 8 minutes per side). Transfer to a place and set aside
- In the same pan, cook the onion until it becomes transparent (about 3-4 min). Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute until it becomes fragrant. Add the roaster bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, red pepper flakes, and any remaining Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and allow it to thicken while occasionally stirring—Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken in the sauce and top each breast with 2-3 tablespoons of mozzarella. Transfer to the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Recipe source: Tasteofhome.com)
Prep & Cook time: 30 min
4 -4-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
3 cups fresh baby spinach
3 green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- Preheat oven to broil
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the green onions and mushrooms until tender. Stir in pecans and spinach, cook for a few minutes until spinach begins to wilt. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Season chicken with rotisserie seasoning.
- Place chicken in the oven on an oiled grill rack cover and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F
- Top with cheese and broil until cheese melts.
- Serve and top with mushroom mixture
And there you have it, two delicious, healthy, and nutritious new ways to enjoy chicken.
Our personalized weight-loss and healthy living plans are the perfect way to start your journey to a new healthier way of life. So, schedule an appointment today and improve your health and quality of life.
A Real-Life Weight Loss Success Story!
A true success story! Coache Johnnye’s weight loss testimony:
HOW I LOST 170 POUNDS & KEPT IT OFF!
Hello! My name is Johnnye and I’m the new weight loss coach at Rejuvenation Weight Loss and Med Spa.
I weighed over 300 pounds until I lost more than half my body weight.
Customized Weight Loss Program
Enjoying a balanced lifestyle includes enjoying your food! But how to do this? As each person is unique, only a weight loss coach will truly understand how to put together the right weight loss program for your unique needs. The biggest bump in the road is usually a matter of price. “This really sounds very expensive. I don’t think I can afford it.”
GOOD NEWS! Getting a customized medical-grade weight loss program is affordable!
Contact us for a consultation today!