Guilt-Free Holiday Recipes, Healthy & Yummy!
The Holiday Season is typically a time of indulgence that leaves us with a few extra pounds and plenty of guilt.
This year don’t let holiday comfort food lead you astray from your weight loss goals. You can still enjoy delicious, comforting foods that won’t expand your waistline.
Here are a few of our favorite Guilt-Free Holiday Recipes.
Guilt-Free Holiday Recipes, Main Course: Perfect Prime Rib
1 standing rib roast (Calculate about 1/2 pound per person)
1 tbsp. kosher salt
2 tsp. black pepper
1 bunch fresh rosemary
How to Make It
- Allow your rib roast to stand for about 30 minutes or until it becomes room temperature—Preheat oven to 450ºF
- Once the rib roast is room temperature, generously cover all sides with salt and pepper. It’s important that you place the roast in a roasting pan fat-side up. This way, the drippings will prevent the meat from over-drying. Arrange half the rosemary around the roast. For added flavor, try placing some of the rosemary on top.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 450ºF to sear the outside and lock in all the juices. Then lower the oven temperature to 350ºF and cook 1 hour 30 minutes more for medium-rare.
- Remove rib roast from oven, cover with foil, and let rest 20 minutes. Letting the meat rest before slicing it allows the roast to retain more of its juices.
- Before serving, remove the ribs by slicing along them. Slice the roast crossways against the grain and serve on a platter with the remaining fresh rosemary as decoration.
Guilt-Free Holiday Recipes, Side: Bacon-Wrapped Cauliflower
Everything tastes better with bacon, and just because you are trying to lose weight doesn’t mean you should give up the flavor!
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 head cauliflower, remove leaves and trim the stem enough for the cauliflower to lay flat while remaining intact,
1 (10-oz.) pkg frozen spinach, thawed and chopped. Make sure to squeeze out all the excess water
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz. cream cheese – softened and cubed
3/4 c. shredded cheddar
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 c. panko
1/4 c. grated Parmesan
1 lb. thinly sliced bacon
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a large pot, mix 8 cups of water, oil, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of salt and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and allow the water to boil once more. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cover to keep the cauliflower head submerged. Cook until a knife easily inserts into the center, about 12 minutes.
- Gently remove the cauliflower and transfer to a small rimmed baking sheet and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine spinach, green onions, garlic, eggs, cheddar, cream cheese, panko flakes, and grated Parmesan. Place the mixture into a piping bag with a ¾ inch tip.
- Place the cauliflower stem side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Fill the gaps between the stalks and florets with the filling. Flip the cauliflower, so the stem is now on the bottom. Place the bacon strips over the cauliflower. Make sure to overlap them so there are no gaps and tuck the strips’ ends into the cauliflower’s bottom.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until golden all over. For better results, rotate the sheet halfway through
Losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle is the best gift you can give yourself and your family. At Rejuvenation Laser Med Spa and Weight Loss, we can help you reach your weight loss goals in a healthy and tasty way.
Customized Weight Loss Program
Enjoying a balanced lifestyle includes enjoying your food! But how to do this? As each person is unique, only a weight loss coach will truly understand how to put together the right weight loss program for your unique needs. The biggest bump in the road is usually a matter of price. “This really sounds very expensive. I don’t think I can afford it.”
GOOD NEWS! Getting a customized medical-grade weight loss program is affordable!
Check out our December weight loss packages and contact us for a consultation today!