Proteinlicious Keto-Friendly Salad Recipe
Enjoy two Proteinlicious Keto-Friendly Salad Recipes for a delicious, healthy, and fresh way to celebrate the beginning of the summer.
Now more than ever, health and wellness are something we hear about constantly. At this point, we should all know that having a balanced diet and physical activity are the keys to having a better quality of life, look better and live longer. Nothing else does the trick if diet and exercise are not part of the equation.
Salads should be a big part of our diet. Unfortunately, many people associate salads with a boring meal; a bunch of lettuce and a few tomatoes come to mind when you mention the word.
Some even consider this dish as “punishment” since they only eat salads -and the boring type- when they go on strict diets, and that is precisely the misconception we are here to set straight.
Salads do not have to be boring. In fact, they can be a very versatile dish that can make a complete and balanced meal full of flavor; the secret lies in the creativity you put into making it.
Experts at Rejuvenation Med Spa & Weight Loss list some of the benefits of including fresh vegetables in our diet:
- Light and full of nutrients: Balanced salads that include different types of vegetables provide a wide variety of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber that our body needs for its daily functions. They help rid our body of toxins and maintain good health, energy, and beautiful-looking skin.
- Easy to make and affordable: Salads are a simple dish to prepare; all you need is a little imagination and a flavorful but healthy dressing. Ingredients are easy to obtain and affordable.
- Food that heals: Eating a variety of vegetables helps improve overall health and prevent high blood pressure, heart risk, strokes, and even some forms of cancer.
- Beauty: The variety of vitamins and minerals that vegetables provide helps your body feel and look its best. It improves the condition of your skin, hair, and nails, and, of course, your shape.
- Variety: You don’t have to limit yourself to making the same salad all the time. In addition to veggies, don’t be afraid to include protein (chicken, tuna, eggs, beef, shrimp, crab), healthy fats like avocado, nuts, pumpkin seeds, fruit such as mango, strawberry, apple, and grapes. You can also use your favorite beans or change up the base using potatoes or quinoa. Tip: change up the dressing, trying to always opt for low fat and low sugar alternatives. Using herbs is also a great option.
If you need professional guidance for your nutrition plan, consult with any of the professionals at Rejuvenation Med Spa & Weight Loss, we provide comprehensive care that will have you feeling and looking your best.
We leave you with two keto-friendly salad recipes that are easy to make, and you are sure to enjoy:
Proteinlicious Keto-Friendly Salad
The first of the two keto-friendly salads is a classic. This high-protein salad is sure to please even the most skeptical palates. Give it a try; you won’t regret it!
1/2 medium avocado
3.5 oz chicken breast
1 oz Cheddar Cheese
1 large hard-boiled egg
slice of bacon
1 head romaine lettuce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Chop the lettuce and place it into a salad bowl.
Chop all remaining ingredients and place them into individual piles atop the lettuce.
Salt and pepper to taste. Add oil and vinegar or your low-carb dressing of choice.
Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Our second keto-friendly salad will take your taste buds to Europe. This Greek-inspired salad is not your typical chicken salad. The savory taste of feta cheese sprinkled atop, and olives make this a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to please everyone!
225 grams (1/2 pound) of chicken thigh or breast
4 cups (200 grams) of romaine lettuce, chopped
1/4 cup (60 grams) of cherry tomatoes, chopped
1/2 of a medium cucumber, sliced
1/2 of a medium avocado, sliced
1 ounce (28 grams) of feta cheese, crumbled
1 ounce (28 grams) of olives, pitted, sliced
2 tablespoons (30 ml) of red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons (45 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Coat the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown. Once cooked thoroughly, remove the chicken from heat.
In a large bowl, arrange the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and olives as desired. Once the chicken has cooled, add it to the salad. Drizzle with red wine vinegar and additional olive oil if desired. Finish the dish by sprinkling the feta cheese on top.
Customized Weight Loss Program
Enjoying a balanced lifestyle includes enjoying your food! But how to do this? As each person is unique, only a weight loss coach will truly understand how to put together the right weight loss program for your unique needs. The biggest bump in the road is usually a matter of price. “This really sounds very expensive. I don’t think I can afford it.”
GOOD NEWS! Getting a customized medical-grade weight loss program is affordable!
Contact us for a consultation today!